Mac’s fans controlling app
Macs Fan Control is a free app with the help of which you can monitor the work of your device’s fans, and change the settings to control them. The app lets you control practically all aspects of the work of fans, including their speed. It includes components like sensor pane of temperature, an icon in the menu bar, and the function to start the app automatically with a system option.
Macs Fan Control offers effective solutions to a number of the most common issues with Mac’s fans. All work and adjustments are done automatically which allows a user to fix possible problems in just a few clicks, making their Mac work faster and smoother. Here are a few of the most important app’s functions:
- Software help to fix the problems of the fans’ noise like the ones caused by the replacement of iMac HDD, or the problems with a device’s overheating like the ones happening to MacBook Pro.
- The ability to set any constant value to practically any Mac’s fan (such as minimum value, etc.).
- Controlling the speed of a fan as to the temperature sensor (for example, third party HDD, etc.).
- Monitoring temperature sensor and speed of a device’s fans in real time, including third-party SSD/HDD (while using the technology S.M.A.R.T.).
- Display the icon of the app’s menu bar.
Macs Fan Control is compatible with OS X 10.7 Lion and all later versions.
Macs Fan Control app is available for download free of charge. However, we should note that the project works as donationware. You can consider donating if you’d like to support the development of the app.
The latest version brings such major improvements:
- Optimizing the usage of CPU and app’s startup time
- From now on, using HTTPS to check for the latest updates
- Qt framework updated to 5.6.3 version
- Various minor smaller improvements
- Update of translations available
Developer: Crystalidea Software
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.7 or later